Episode Three: Underage Drinking, a National Concern
Viewed: 1/10/21 at 7:01 am
First Time: No
- The jukebox was a more common meeting spot for side convos early in the series I guess.
- Charlie’s dance early on is 10/10.
- Masturbation is sin.
- This feels like the first episode that Dee’s actual personality (ie. being pathetic, lonely, and insecure) comes through, while she still keeps up the social responsibility half of her personality (not wanting kids to drink).
- I love that they set up the Tim Murphy prom date catastrophe that comes back in The High School Reunion this early on. Same with Mac being a drug dealer in high school that everyone hated.
- “I never statutory raped anyone before”
- I dont know why Charlie’s HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY. GIMMIE SOME EYES always gets me.
- I anticipate mentioning this in later (12+) seasons, but the unspoken/not-literally-said-out-loud reference to them being back at Charlie’s huffing glue is a good one.
- In TV shows and movies whenever there is a house party, the front door is always left open and there are never screen doors. This has always bothered me.
- “What is he like forty”
- I remember this being a stronger early episode, but I, uh, guffawed fewer times rewatching this one than I did the first two episodes, though that could be because I’ve rewatched this one more times.
- “This is classic Tammy,” along with Charlie yielding the dance to embrace the music himself are A+ moments.