Episode Ten: Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare
Viewed: 1/27/22 at 12:47 pm
First Time: No
- “We’ve got big dreams Mac, and we’re gonna go follow them.” / cut to “Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare”
- Add this (specifically Dee’s apartment) to the list of shows that show people making ostensibly no money living in apartments that would easily go for $2,500/month in Philly. Even factoring in inflation, say that apartment was $1,200 back then. Dee reveals that she was making less than $1600 a month at the bar.
- RIP Biz Markie
- Mac explaining to Charlie that, while the word “slave” might not be inherantly racist it does carry a certain weight with it in this country, is an oddly poignant point.
- Dee calling people “boners” is one of my favorite burns in the show.
- “Well…can’t you see how retarded she is?”